Sunday, March 18, 2007

Popular! Every Sat. @ Here Lounge

I love to travel. I’m pretty sure everyone knows that about me already.

So, I flew into Los Angeles today and got a ride home from the sister of one of my best friends. Of course, after arriving home, I had to do what any college boy would do and take advantage of the free washer and dryer before I dress up and head out to West Hollywood to Jonathan Chang’s Popular Party at Here Lounge.

Because tonight was St. Patrick’s Day, here’s some advice for first timers to West Hollywood: if it’s the weekend or a commonly celebrated holiday, GET THERE EARLY. Not only will parking be almost impossible to find, but valet will be excruciatingly expensive.

After spending $15 for a parking spot four blocks from Here Lounge, I walked my soon to be blistered feet in my Ferragamo loafers through the beer can strewn streets of West Hollywood and walked right in through the VIP line at the club. Jonathan, as always, was well dressed with sunglasses atop his head, hugging every one of his friends and acquaintances that walked through the gates. Seriously, if you’re gay, and you live in LA, and you want a fabulously good time, Jonathan Chang is the person to know.

Because I stupidly arrived after midnight (I have an excuse: I hadn’t slept for three days), the party was already crowded inside and out, which is another reason why you should arrive early to a bar/club in West Hollywood. Fashionably late does not work in LA, unless you want to miss the party altogether. If I wasn’t in VIP, I would have had to wait in the long ass line that went around the block; average waiting time: one hour. Keep in mind: that line only starts somewhere between 10 PM and midnight.

Now, the reasons why you should go in the first place: West Hollywood Socialite Extraordinaire Jonathan Chang, Adult Film Star Bastion Knight, well known Adult Industry Filmographer and Director Ross Cannon, happy hour around 10:30 PM, hot go-go boys on the dance floor, hot bartenders and waiters in skimpy outfits, and sexy guys all over the place. This list would be longer if it wasn't St. Patty's Day, but like I said, getting out there is impossible unless you go early!

Anyway, this is a place to see and be seen, so make your plans early and go have a ball… or balls, as the case may be for some of you.


Click on the following Map to Here Lounge in West Hollywood:

http://www.herelounge.com/

No comments: