Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Caleb Carter's TRUE LIFE Episode

Well, the segments involving Caleb is mostly told from Josh's (the ex-bf) perspective, but it's still so entertaining. Well, you get to see Caleb Carter at a photo shoot, dragging his boy friend at the time in front of the camera just for a few pics. He's catty as always saying things like: "Are you kissing your sister? Come on..." We also find out that Josh is a newbie... and after explaining how awkward it can be, Caleb analogizes the relationship as such: "It's like a 30 year old dating a 12 year old." But they both look twelve... so I don't really know how to comment. I'll just smile and be silent.

You also get to see Caleb's dad. Aww... after seeing this... now I understand why Caleb and his brother are both sweethearts... especially when they're sober. But when Caleb's drunk, he is crazy, but in a good way. Look for him in the episode dancing in his cute little underwear in the middle of a bar if you don't believe me. He just becomes the life of the party.

Wait... I feel like I must interject at the moment and relay at least part of the random text messaging that's going on between me and Caleb as I watch this:

Frank (2.1 9:09 pm): Ben?... Wait a minute... I'm conflused...
Frank (2.1 9:21 pm): Did you just use your real name?... Anyway... awww... Your dad is soooo sweet.
Caleb Carter (2.1 9:23 pm): WHO IS THIS
Frank (2.1 9:23 pm): Frank... Your Fav Asian from New Orleans... Oh geez...
Frank (2.1 9:24 pm): I'm in LA right now by the way...
Caleb Carter (2.1 9:24 pm): OH SORRY I AM DRUNK


Favorite quotes and conversations from the Caleb:

Caleb: "I need to get a drink."

Caleb: "Apparently I'm too drunk."
Josh: "You have a habit of being too flirtatious when your drunk."
Caleb: "It's part of my job!"

Caleb: "If you care about me, then shut the **** up."

Caleb: "Buy me a drink?"
Josh: "You're already drunk."
Caleb: "I don't care, buy me a drink."

Caleb: "You need to call be A.S.A.P. or I'm going to ****ing flip a biscuit."


Seriously though, Caleb is usually a sweetheart whether or not he is intoxicated, and he isn't ever usually intoxicated. The reason why everything seems to be so heated seems to be because of the frustrating fact that Caleb and Josh were both at different levels in life while both trying to accommodate the other in their relationship. It's true what Caleb said earlier on in the episode that people advise against dating newbies for a very clear reason. We actually see at the end the awkwardness that typically ensues when one dates a newbie. It's no one's fault... it's just a learning experience.

My main point is: even though True Life portrays him as a mean drunk, he really isn't. I've been out partying with him at Fiesta Cantina, FU Bar, and even at Tigerheat (all on Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood, by the way), and though he drank a lot, he always looked out for all of his friends. Caleb is truly a caring friend... he's just very energetic.

No comments: