Friday, January 12, 2007

The HustlaBall Pool Party

The day started way too early. Lex Sabre, my roommate for the weekend had apparently forgotten to pack a pair of board shorts for the pool party that was taking place at the Alexis Park Resort. Who can blame him? He had to come directly to pick me up right after work, not affording him the time to meticulously plan out every item he was going to wear for each event throughout the weekend like me. Wow… I guess I am somewhat an obsessive compulsive when it comes to clothes.

Anyway, we left early (sometime after noon which is definitely early for me) to the shopping mall at Treasure Island on the Strip. It’s a crazy place; very modern with a hideous structure towering over the outdoor walk.

Anyway, Lex and I went directly for the Quicksilver. Where else were we supposed to find a pair of cute non-generic board shorts in the middle of winter? After going through multiple pairs, we finally found a pair of cute grey, white, and red almost argyle styled board shorts for him. He wears a size 28. Sometimes I hate that skinny boy.

Anyhow, I had already brought four pairs of board shorts with me so I didn’t shop for myself. While aimlessly walking around, Josh Vaughn (pictured left), a Rascal Exclusive who we had called earlier, met up with us at the mall after arriving into town that day. He was here as one of the models participating in the Adult Entertainment Expo, one of the largest events in the Adult Entertainment Industry

Well, Josh also didn’t have a pair of board shorts, so we continued to shop, this time at the Pac Sun inside the mall. While there, I couldn’t help but break down and spend fifty dollars on an awesome pair of white board shorts with a scrollwork design done in a brighter shade of white. I know I shouldn’t have purchased them, but they were so cute.

We headed back soon after to the hotel. It was freezing outside. I don’t really know if a pool party in winter is such a good idea, but we weren’t going to miss it. Looking over the balcony/hallway from our room, we couldn’t help but see how empty it was. It was on 2:00 o’clock and the party had just started. Besides, no one was even thinking about arriving on-time. We’re gay; we’re fashionably late kind of people. Well, we finally finished getting ready by 3:30 PM. We just lounged around inside our room for a little while longer. While there, we ended up running into Scotty B, the editor-in-chief of Cybersocket and the host of Cocktail with the Stars at Micky's in Westb Hollywood. He used my compuuter for a few minutes checking his e-mail on-line. His hotel was charging about $10/10 minutes of internet time. Thats just crazy and ridiculous.

As we were walking in, people were milling all around. It was still early. Tom Weise, the one hosting all the Hustlaball events, ended up asking me to help Chad Leigh (pictured right), a super hotty adult model and Rent Boy Crew member, to hang up banners all along the pool area. Afterwards, I helped set up the free lube and Circuit Noize magazines all over the tables around the pool.

The pool party generally was a success. People were hot tubbing while others were drinking or eating from the buffet. Christian Owen (pictured right), a beloved friend and adult film star, finally arrived. I didn’t know this before, but he was actually participating in the Hustlaball show. I had been his and Adam Killian’s (his boyfriend) filmographer every time they visited New Orleans in the past year. Anyone can actually see an excerpt from the video I filmed of Adam Killian’s troop performing on Bourbon Street for Southern Decadence on Christian Owen’s myspace.com page.

At Southern Decadence, I had helped Adam preparing both Christian and another hotty go-go boy named Brad paint their outfit on. Yes, I did write paint. I had to help spray paint parts of their bodies white. Teh hardest part was making the spray paint start at astraight line on their abs and having the paint feather off to the sides. I then used spirit gum to glue Swarovski crystals to the line where the un-painted skin ended and the white spray paint began. We did the same to one of each of their forearms. Besides that, they each wore white sailor hats, a pair of bedazzled white briefs that showed sizeable bulges, and sunglasses. It was hot, but I digress.

Back at HustlaBall, crazy unmentionable things were happening all over the place. I ran into old friends like Vin Nolan (pictured left) who starred in Jochen Hick’s film “Sex/Life in LA” and multiple adult films. I also met Jochen Hick who is the official Hustlaball videographer.

The party however ended rather early as the cops came and broke the party apart, which is completely wrong since the party is a private party on private space. They still came without a warrant and ended up leaving after certain political figures in the state told them to go away. By then, however, the party had officially died from that. It was such a shame cause the event was fun, even if it was freezing outside.

We'll all be at Chi Chi LaRue's Skin Trade party at Pirahna & 8 1/2 soon enough anyways.

No comments: