Saturday, January 19, 2008

Moving Back to the USA

So, I recently found out that my German visa got rejected. Well, it's not technically rejected yet. Apparently, under the current requirements, I don't make enough money to get a visa. Ich bin ein English lehrer (I'm an English teacher)! Since I work on independent contracts as a free-lancer, and the government says I have to make a 1000 Euros more than I currently make, and I have to get these contracts in by the 8th of February, and because no one wants to hire someone who doesn't yet have a visa, I can't find enough contracts to make 1000 Euros more than I do now. And though I have enough money to support myself without having any job at all, they still won't even give me a non-working visa. WTF?!?

So, I'm moving back to the USA at the end of this month of January. My roommate also has to move back to the US since under these new conditions, he won't be able to renew his visa. So, I'll probably be in New York for the beginning to middle of February and then I'll be in Los Angeles until the summer, when I plan to move back to New York. This is technically both good and bad news. I was already planning to move to New York in a few months, but since the visa office only told me this new development with my visa this week, I basically have no time to prepare. So in regular gay tradition, I went shopping. I bought a new black cashmere coat!



So, here's a picture of me with all my stuff packed into three boxes (behind me) and a suitcase. I'm wearing my new cashmere coat (You likt it?)! Awww, the shelves where I house my many teapots (behind me) are empty... so sad.

No comments: