Thursday, February 8, 2007

Anna Nicole Has Passed Away


Vickie Lynn Marshall, born Vickie Lynn Hogan and better known as Anna Nicole Smith, was found unresponsive in a hotel room earlier today, February 8th, at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood, Florida.

At 1:38 PM, Police Chief Charlie Tiger said a nurse called the hotel front desk, who in turn called security, who in turn called 911. At 1:45 PM a bodyguard administered CPR before she was rushed to Memorial Regional Hospital at 2:10 PM and pronounced dead upon arrival at 2:49 PM. Smith's boyfriend, Howard K. Stern, was with her when she died and has reported to Entertainment Tonight that her temperature was running high the night before.

Am I the only one who thinks it's rediculous that it took an hour and four minutes (25 minutes to get to her and 39 minutes to get her and go) to RUSH her to the hospital? I don't know what it was, but if it turns up to be the traffic, I'm going to be pissed. Maybe it's the distance and I'm focussing to much on the word "rush," but even if I'm reading the statement too literally, it still brings up an annoying, yet valid, thought that keeps reoccurring in whatever city I'm in. Can someone please explain to me why people stop their cars in the middle of the street when they hear a siren? Those damned ambulances have to butt the sirens while waiting behind idiots when all the lanes are filled with people stopping in whatever random spot they were in when they heard the siren. Why do idiots stop their cars stupidly IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET? I've noticed this hapenning in New Orleans, New York, San Francisco, and worst of all, Los Angeles, one of the most widespread and populated regions I've ever lived in. Just because people stop, doesn't mean they're not blocking the ambulances.

To IDIOT DRIVERS everywhere: When you hear a siren, PULL OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD and then you can STOP so the ambulances can get through down the center of an UNBLOCKED STREET; DO NOT STOP IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE OF THE STREET, ambulances can't get by through the two feet between you and the cars on either side of you.

Even if it made no difference whether Anna Nicole Smith arrived at the hospital five minutes after the 911 call or an hour after, my statement still stands. It's still a very apparent danger for others who are in a life or death situation dependant on how quickly they can get medical attention. They're are just certain life threatening issues that EMTs aren't equipped to take care of.

I don't know what else to say here; I'm obviously a little distraught here and I still don't know exactly what happened. I do know, however, Anna Nicole Smith had loving family members and relatives in Houston and many close friends around the country who cared for her very much. I may only have known her by proxy through the good things her friend Bobby Trendy has told me, but I still feel that it's necessary for me to extend my condolences to her grieving family and friends. She was a goddess among men, and she was definitely an inspiration to many.

No comments: