Sunday, February 25, 2007

GAYVN Awards 2007 Winners

Last night was a momnumentous occassion for the lucky few who were able to attend the GAYVN Awards show. Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita won all fourteen awards they were nominated for. Not only is that the most awards won by any one person or group in GAYVN history, but it's even more impressive that they won EVERY one of their nominations.

On a side note: I actually yelled at my friend who turned down a role his agent at FabScout got for him in that movie because he was afraid of the big penis he would be "forced" to play with ("forced" was his word, "lucky" would have been mine).

Anyway, what made this event so amazing was that it's not even common for any one movie to get a double digit amount of nominations. Last I can remember hearing on this topic, the BuckleRoo collection was the last adult film that had both nominations and wins in the double digits. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Lucas and his friends are all partying even now.

Well, now I'm sadly wondering what it was like at the after party, and what any of the private after parties were like, and if any of those parties are still going on. Apparently, though I had many lucky friends who could go (well, they were expected to be there), I wasn't lucky enough to attend. I still had to stay here in this cockroach filled city called New Orleans because I had to attend classes last Friday and I still have to be at class on Monday with a class dinner my fiction writing professor made mandatory yesterday during the time when everone in San Francisco would be at the awards ceremony in the Castro. I'm obviously a little bitter at my teachers, and besides, the cockroaches can actually fly in New orelans. I'm not talking about just gliding; they can actually fly upwards and in enless circles if they wanted to.

Well, even through my disappointment, I kept my cell phone close to await the updates on the awards from friends that were there. On the bright side, not being at the awards show made it hundreds of times easier for me to show my support for the friends that won while not having to look like I betrayed the friends who were nominated for the same category, and basically just found out he lost. See, even though some people texted me that they lost one award, I would get a text from a friend of whatever friend of mine won (umm... if they win, they're not gonna waste the time to write that they won, they'd be gettin' up there and givin' a speech). Considering that a lot of them know eachother, I would feel very awkward if I won. I wouldn't feel too awful to stop myself from running up to the stage to give a lengthy nasty speech that would require a band to play some academy award music to get me off the stage... which wouldn't really work. They would probably end up cutting of the mic at some point too.

Anyway, those kind of texts happened quite a few times. Though I felt bad, I also felt happy. Oh... what is there for a tall Asian boy to do. Well, I had a few friends who were nominated yet didn't win awards, and a few friends who went to the event even though they weren't nominated (like Lex Sabre who went to present a few of the awards), and even a few friends who won some awards and not others (like Jeremy Hall who did win an award with his co-stars in the orgy scene of Falcon's Studio's Spokes III, but not his other nominations. It was still a huge honor to get some of those nominations, especially one of the two most coveted ones in the ceremony: Best Newcomer, one which I honestly hoped he would win! Matt Cole, if you're reading this right now, I love you... Congrats to your win. please don't kill me). Either way, winner or not, it takes guts to do what they do (I'm talking about the metaphorical guts... unless you're thinking of the bears in the fetish movies), so, y'all are winners in your own right.

Anyway, here's the list I've been able to comprise of the winners trhough many many text messages last night and a check list of the list of nominees. It was an impossible task, but I'm sure I got it right.



GAYVN 2007 Award Winners


Best Actor: Michael Lucas in Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Actor—Foreign Release: Jean Franko in The School for Lovers (Lucas Kazan Prodcutions)

Best All-Sex Video: Black-n-Blue (Hot House)

Best Alternative Release: Gay Sex in the ‘70s (Wolfe)

Best Amateur Release: Rear Gunners 2 (Active Duty)

Best Art Direction: Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Bisexual Video: Bi Back Mountain (All Worlds Video)

Best Classic DVD Release: Peter North’s Nights in Black leather (Gorilla Factory)

Best Director: Michael Lucas and Tony Dimarco for Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best DVD Extras/Special Edition: Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Editing: Frank Tyler for Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Ethnic-Themed Video: The Show 1-2 (Dark Alley Media / Pitbull Productions)

Best Ethnic-Themed Video (Latin): Manhattan (Raging Stallion Studios)

Best Foreign Release: The School for Lovers (Lucas Kazan Productions)

Best Group Scene: Spokes III (Falcon Studios)

Best Leather Video: Black-n-Blue (Hot House)

Best Marketing Campaign: Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Music: Nekked for Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Newcomer: Matt Cole

Best Non-Sex Performance: tied between Savanna Samson for Micahel Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment) and Paul Barresi in The Velvet Mafia 1-2 (Falcon Studios)

Best Oral Scene: Ty Hudson and Shane Rollins in Justice (Hot House)

Best Packaging: Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Picture: Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Pro/Am Video: Lebanon (Collin O’Neal/Raging Stallion)

Best Screenplay: Tony Dimarco for Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Sex Comedy: Going Under (Jet Set Productions)

Best Sex Scene (Duo): Brad Patton and Brian Hansen in Manly Heat: Quenched (Buckshot Productions)

Best Solo Performance: Kent North in At Your Service (Hot House)

Best Solo Video: Minute Man 28 (COLT Studio)

Best Specialty Release: X Fights UK XXX (BG East)

Best Specialty Release (18-23): Out in Africa 2 (Bel Ami)

Best Specialty Release (Bears): Rough and Ready (Pantheon)

Best Specialty Release (Extreme): Folsom Filth (Titan media)

Best Supporting Actor: Spencer Quest in Micahel Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Threesome: Jason Ridge, Michael Lucas, and Derrick Hanson in Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Best Videography: Tony Dimarco for Michael Lucas’ La Dolce Vita (Lucas Entertainment)

Performer of the Year: Titan Media’s exclusive François Sagat

Hall of Fame Inductees: Peter Berlin, Steven Toushin, Kathryn Reed, Chris Ward, Chase Hunter, Ray Dragon

Honorary Gay Award: Kathy Griffin, who is now an honorary Gay Man. She's already hot enough to be one; just look at those beautifully manicured nails and that gorgeous flowing read head of hair. If you're hot enough, feel free to have anonymous sex with her... ummm, I meant him.

No comments: